RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Your undersigned hereby acknowledges that I am voluntarily participating in the Sisters on the fly™ -SOTF- Activity indicated above an in exchange:
I HEREBY FREELY AND WILLINGLY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY, including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of SOTF or because of their possible liability without fault, or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, and activity officials, as well as exposure to an illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to bacteria such as MRSA or viruses such as influenza, SARS including COVID-19 and acknowledge that although adherence to particular guidance, rules and personal discipline by myself and SOTF may reduce such risk, serious illness and death may nevertheless result.
I CERTIFY THAT: I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the Activity and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I am not currently experiencing any health-related reasons or problems that would preclude my participation in this Activity. I acknowledge that my safety and the safety of those around me is primarily my responsibility and attest that I shall:
- I participate in a safe manner in accordance with all applicable rules and practices that minimize risk of injury; and
- I cease participating and seek assistance if I cannot safely continue.
I ATTEST THAT I HAVE READ THE SOTF 2022 GUIDELINES and shall comply with all provisions thereof SOTF 2022 Guidelines
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT this Release and Waiver of Liability is between myself and SOTF and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said Activity and it shall be construed broadly to provide release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
In consideration of my registration and permission, as a member in good standing of SOTF I hereby act for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
-A- I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of SOTF or its affiliates, wranglers, or hostesses, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, monetary loss or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me, including my traveling to and from this activity,
-B-I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE SOTF from/for any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this Activity, whether caused by the negligence of SOTF or parties acting on their behalf or otherwise.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOTF, its directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on behalf of SOTF.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this Activity.
I UNDERSTAND THAT:
1- I may be photographed at this Activity and I AGREE to allow use of my photo, video, or film for any legitimate purpose by SOTF or its assigns;
2- If the activity occurs in a foreign country, current insurance may not cover me or my assets and that I may choose to purchase additional insurance;
3- SOTF makes no guarantee or warranty as to the actual execution of this Activity and I agree to hold SOTF harmless for any failure to meet my expectations.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT SOTF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FUNDS COLLECTED BY HOSTESSES and is therefore not responsible for any refunds of such amounts.
I UNDERSTAND THAT if I chose to participated in an event which is not listed on the website or attend an event which I have not registered to attend on the website, I am doing so at my own risk and will not have the accident, medical, and liability insurance typically provided for attendees who have registered for events on the website.
I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT if I host an event and choose not to place it on the website, I accept that I will not have any of the accident, medical, or liability coverage which officially listed events on the website carry.
I ATTEST THAT I HAVE READ THE ATTENDEE AGREEMENT.
I ATTEST THAT I HAVE READ THE PET POLICY and shall comply with all provisions thereof and will not bring a pet to an Activity that does not include pets and, further, agree to leave and forgo refund of any Activity fee for failure to comply.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
With the New Year, along with many new members of Sisters on the Fly, it has been made clear it is time to remind our members of the few rules of our organization and to update other guidelines for members.
We still ask that you follow these three simple rules:
- Events and gatherings are for women only, unless the hostess specifically states men are invited. Same goes for children and pets.
- Strive always to be nice, even though it can sometimes be difficult.
- Have fun, it"s the Sister Way.
A significant number of our members have been affected by the Covid-19 virus. Out of an abundance of caution, concern, and love for our Sisters, and in an effort to do our part to slow and eventually eliminate the spread of Covid-19, it is recommended all members read and comply with the following requests for awareness and prevention.
As multiple vaccines are being developed and delivered to health care and essential workers, SOTF remains cautious and recommends we all implement the following suggestions for guidance in creating events for our members.
We encourage you to follow those set out by the federal Center for Disease Control and your state and local health departments. The federal CDC website, with links to state and local websites, is here:
To protect our members, Sisters on the Fly is recommending the following measures be implemented:
- If you think you may have been exposed, please stay home.
- If you have any symptoms, stay home.
- Reinforcing health and good hygiene practices such as masks, social distancing, and outdoor activities as well as frequent hand washing is encouraged at all events.
- Be sure to follow the rules of the locale you are at and the directions given by the hostess..
Event hostesses are recommending the following precautions to ensure our members" health:
Consider reducing the size of our gatherings.
- Remind attendees to stay home if they have been exposed to Covid-19 in the previous 14 days or are showing Covid-19 symptoms.
- Any attendee who has had close contact with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 should stay home and monitor her health. This applies to any Sisters on the Try as well as members.
- Consider keeping a comprehensive list of all who attended the event for potential future contact tracing. Make certain the list is current and complete in the event tracing becomes necessary.
- Wearing appropriate face coverings in all areas where people may congregate.
- Reduce group activities that require people to congregate.
- While there may not be evidence that food or food packaging play a significate role in spreading the virus, avoid sharing items such as serving dishes/utensils/beverages/etc. with others. Potluck meals are also not recommended.
- Hostesses should consider providing tools the CDC recommends: soap for frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer, masks to wear in public spaces and for those who may not have one, and always encouraging social distancing.
Personal camper precautions:
- Evidence may suggest that some percentage of cases are very mild, but still infectious. Do not attend an event if you feel sick.
- Wear a face mask when outside your camper and in public spaces.
- Avoid crowded spaces. Do not cluster under awnings or in the coffee areas. Doing so increases the chance of risk for infection.
- Check with the event venue management for updated information for Covid-19 safety guidelines and steps they have in place to prevent spread of infection.
- Bring supplies to help you and others stay healthy: masks -bring extras-, hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and drinking water.
- If using public or campground bathrooms, continue good hand hygiene practices after touching surfaces such as doors and handles. This includes those within bathrooms and shower rooms, water fountains or spigots, laundry facilities, ice machines, trash/recycling cans and bins, payment stations, vending machines and other amenities.
- If you must sneeze/cough, as a preventive measure, please sneeze into the crook of your elbow or your sleeve, not your hands.
- If you are near someone who sneezes or coughs, back away by at least 6 feet to minimize possibility of infection.
- Practice social distancing while at the event and other areas. Refrain from hugging old friends or shaking hands with new ones, as hard as that may be.
- If your trailer has a bathroom, use it. All public bathrooms have multiple sources of contamination: toilet seats and lids, toilet paper holders, faucet handles and doorknobs. If you must use public facilities, remember to touch surfaces with a paper towel – not your hands. Fast food restaurants, or restrooms at other businesses and porta potties are the worst, so avoid them if at all possible.
I agree to the terms and services agreement.