For many years, Sisters on the Fly (SOTF) adhered to a “No Pet Policy.” The reasons for this are self-evident for the most part but the rule has been relaxed in recent years. It is up to the Hostess of the event to deem an event
“Pet Friendly” or “No Pets Allowed.”
ADA Service Animals are not domestic pets and therefore this Policy does not apply to them.
In all other cases the following policy applies:
- A “No Pet Event” would exclude any pet. If a sister arrives at a “no pet event” with a pet, she will be asked to board her pet or leave the event.
- A Sister who wishes to bring a pet to a “Pet Friendly” event shall notify the hostess when registering. No more than two pets may be possessed by a Sister at any event.
- Pet size is not limited; however, Sister pet owners must always maintain control over the pet(s). At all times during the event pets shall wear an identification collar and be restrained (on a leash) except in specific fenced pet walking areas.
- The pet(s) shall be properly licensed and inoculated as required by local, county or state statute, ordinance or health code.
- Sister pet owners will comply with the event venue’s pet policy.
- Sister pet owners are liable for damages resulting from actions of their pet. To that end, pet insurance is strongly encouraged, where available.
- A Sister pet owner shall provide the hostess the name and address of a caretaker who will assume responsibility for the care of their pet(s) should the Sister pet owner experiences an emergency that prohibits her direct care of the pet.
- A Sister pet owner shall keep the event premises and surrounding environs clean and free of pet odors, insect infestation, feces and urine. Waste and litter shall be immediately removed in the case of an accident
- A Sister pet owner shall exercise proper control of the pet to prevent the pet from becoming a nuisance to any other person and shall not leave the pet unattended in a building/trailer/tent/vehicle for an unreasonable amount of time.
- Pets of vicious or dangerous disposition shall not be permitted. Any pet duly determined to constitute under state or local law as a nuisance or threat may be required to be immediately removed.
- Pets may not enter eating areas or any official event activity gathering. Pets shall not enter areas designated as no-pet areas by the hostess.
- A Sister pet owner is responsible for the proper care, feeding and watering of the pet. The Hostess may contact the appropriate state or local authority to remove and care for pets that are not properly cared for.
- Failure to observe the SOTF Pet Policy will result in probation or membership removal.
For purposes of this policy, pets refer to dogs. Animals not listed are at the discretion of the hostess and will be
considered as “pets” for the purpose of this policy.