Sister, it’s not about the bootie. It’s more about the beauty…. of this organized sisterhood. It’s not the swag, it’s the way you wag…
The Material Stuff
So, here are the “tangibles” you get annually with your membership.
1. When you first join currently, we send a membership certificate (PDF) immortalizing your unique Sister number and the Month and Year you became a Sister on the fly. Yes, mine reads “Sister on the fly # 127, August 2003!” Those are some bragging rights, right there. Bam.
2. For all new & renewing members, on their joining/anniversary date of membership they are mailed a “goodie bag” packet of SOTF branded items. They vary from year to year but always include a thematic commemorative woven patch representing that year at Sisters on the fly. Do the math- I now have 15 and they are badges of honor with stories to tell woven in them! Members do creative things to display these patches (sew on clothing, camp furnishing and banner stringers for example). Some examples of SOTF branded swag we have sent in the past: car decals, stickers, note cards, funky fun annual calendar book, mini-tote bags, temporary tattoos, luggage tag, mini banners…
3. Access to our Membership Directory data base to connect with other local women for a new network of like-minded & fun-loving women.
4. Access to exclusive Sisters on the fly-only events and adventures via online members-only booking system (from free events to various costs)
5. Monthly 10% discount promo code on all items for sale on the SOTF website store.
6. Other random promotional deals on 3rd party vendor offers from friends and partners of Sister on the fly.
7. Many private members-only group social media pages (local, regional and national SOTF pages) to share news, creativity, passions, hobbies, crafts and wares sales, local happenings, swapping goods, etc.
8. Sisters on the fly administrative support for members creating, hosting and posting an event on the SOTF website EVENTS portal.
9.Access to State and/or regional coordinator who is the go-to member for “herding cats” and giving guidance and assistance to new and seasoned members alike.
10. Monthly newsletter and frequent member updates and news.
The Priceless Stuff
Here are the more intangible things Sisters on the fly offers to women. They can be described as benefits of a “sisterhood” and of having a social outreach network.
1. Find your tribe! A network of women all over the country to tap, support and find support from.
2. Expand your horizons, try news things, have an open mind and defy age!
3. Get away from the regular routines of life.
4. Social networks of women that support safe group travel, travel advice, places to stay with other Sisters all over the country, etc…ready to be tapped and used.
5. There is empowerment with a network of women creating a Sisterhood.
6. Gathering and socializing with kindred spirits in the great outdoors at private, safe SOTF events is energizing and comfortable.
7. Our SOTF events are private, unlike MeetUp events which are public and published, and provide a sanctuary for women to be adventurous and travel.
8. Meet a variety of women and connect with those who make your life better, happier and more enriched.
9. Let your hair down and be a fun woman among fun women.
10. Beat loneliness, keep living, have a lifeline with Sister son the fly.
These things are truly priceless. Find a true BFF or several in this diverse group, locally or nationally. Gain more happiness in your life!